The sun is expected to be out this weekend, and Lo and I are ready to enjoy some of the planned festivities! (Jon would prefer to stay home and relax. Ha!) There are tons of fun family friendly events happening, so here’s a short list of what’s going on throughout Dallas/Fort Worth.
There are so many church festivals and trunk or treats in the area, I decided to keep it to city or local business/organization organized events for this list. If you are wondering when the churches near you are passing out candy or hosting fall festivals, check their website and Facebook pages. If I missed an event, post the info in the comments so we can all see.
Friday, October 26th
- Boo at the Zoo starts Friday and ends Sunday during regular zoo hours. The event is free with your zoo admission or membership. Enjoy treat stations, carnival games, animal shows and more.
- Halloween at the Y is a free community event from 6:30 – 8:30pm in Fort Worth. There will be music, games, and more. For more information, visit the Northpark Y Facebook page.
- Let’s Pretend Parties’ Pumpkin Camp with Cinderella is from 6:00 – 8:00pm in Grapevine. There will be tiaras, wands, pizza, tea, and lots of fun with Cinderella. Register your little princess at the link above and enjoy a couple of hours in historic downtown Grapevine.
Saturday, October 27th
- Halloweekend at the Dallas Zoo is happening this Saturday and Sunday during normal zoo hours. They’re having a pumpkin patch, spider maze, bounce house, games and more! Costumes are encouraged, but no masks. Find more info on their website.
- Coppell Farmer’s Market is celebrating fall from 8:00am – noon. Dress up your littles in their costume for treats throughout the square and some merchants will also have treats for your fur babies! Don’t forget to bring your camera- Ariel (aka The Little Mermaid) will be in town!
- Fort Worth’s Medical City Alliance is hosting their fourth annual Spooktacular from 10:00am – 2:00pm. There will be food, music, costume contest, healthy cooking demonstrations, and more!
- The Latino Cultural Center is hosting their annual Day of the Dead Festival from 11:00am – 4:00pm. There will be face painting, arts and crafts, music, artwork, and more.
- Keller Farmer’s Market is celebrating fall from 9:00am – 1:00pm with pony rides, costume contest, treats and more! Find out more info on their website.
- The Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas is hosting their annual Halloween Star Wars Sci-Fi Extravaganza from 10:00am – 2:00pm. Kids wearing costumes receive free admission and can enter the red carpet costume contest! Make sure to bring your camera for photos with member of your favorite legion. More information is on their website.
- Rockwall is hosting their first ever Movie Night Under the Stars on the historic courthouse stage. Bring a blanket or chairs, snacks, and enjoy The Nightmare Before Christmas with friends.
- Explore the Dallas Arboretum’s Children Adventure Garden at night during Trick or Treating on Saturday or Sunday night from 6:00 – 9:00pm. Come dressed in costume and hunt for treats and activities set up throughout the garden. Pregister on their website.
- Bedford’s annual Halloweenfest is from 6:00 – 9:00pm. Admission is a canned food or a monetary donation. There will be a costume contest, haunted hallway, and more.
- Town of Pantego is hosting their annual Spooktacular Halloween Festival from 5:30pm – 7:30pm at Pantego Bicentennial Park. Dress up your littles and fur babies in their costume for the costume contest. There will be games, prizes and more!
- Watch Hotel Transylvania 2 in historic downtown Carrollton from 8:00 – 10:00pm. There will be activities for the family before the movie beginning at 6:30pm.
Sunday, October 28th
- The Trinity Association and City of Dallas are hosting Halloween Safe-tacular for Kids and Pets from 4:00 – 7:00pm. There will be crafts, games, bounce houses, music and more!
- Oak Cliff’s 4th Annual Pumpkin Fest is happening from 4:00pm – 8:00pm in Bishop Arts District. There will be face painting, costume contest and more in the 300 block of Bishop. (I will be at Picole Pops making fabric pumpkins!)